Wednesday 24 July 2013

African Dress Re-purposed

 
 
A few years ago my husband brought me back a beautiful one size fits all dress from Africa.  The texture is lovely but I found the tie-dye print a bit let's say "young" for me so I recycled it into two little pillow case dresses for my daughters which they have now outgrown.

 
After reading the book "Joseph Had a Little Overcoat" by Simms Taback (highly recommend) the girls want to repurpose the dresses further.
 
 
 
Recycling clothes to household items is a project my kids are finding fun and it's a good life lesson.  Here is a link we found useful http://savedbylovecreations.com/2012/02/50-recycled-t-shirt-craft-projects.html
 
 



Feel free to share your projects and photo's on our Facebook Page.  We would sure love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment