Saturday 27 July 2013

Watermelon Kind of Day

My first thought was to infuse this giant watermelon and take it to a garden party but that would not be fun for the kids.  Instead we will cut it up for a little watermelon eating contest later.
 
 
In the meantime, I have this really bright green yarn that would work well in a watermelon project.
 
Pot Holder Set
 
These cheerful pot holder's were crocheted with a free pattern from Purl BeeThe Trivet is almost done but these kids want watermelon... 
READY, SET, GO...




 
And the winner is my youngest daughter Claire!
 
 
 
While watching my kids horse around on the neighbours dune buggy eating MORE watermelon I found time to crochet a watermelon dishcloth to pair with a tee towel I found at Target.  I changed the colour of the yarn in  Maggie Weldon's Orange dishcloth pattern and added some seeds. 



I had just enough green and pink yarn to complete an adorable Tic Tac Toe project for my kids.


If you enjoy the fresh fruit look you might like the grapefruit dishcloth I crocheted using the exact awesome little pattern as the watermelon.

 
Feel free to share your project photo's on our Facebook Page.  We would sure love to see them!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment