Saturday 21 September 2013

Cupcake Liner Party Decoration D.I.Y.

   
September is a busy month for us with back-to-school, my husband's birthday, our anniversary and my oldest daughter's birthday all in a two week span.  I love everything handcrafted for parties including the decorations, cake and invitations but it can seem like a never-ending birthday month!

That's why I was ecstatic to find this last minute do-it-yourself number decoration.  It's resourceful and cheap.  The original instructions on Pinterest used coffee filters and foam for supplies.  I had neither of these things and didn't have time (or desire sorry) to dye the filters. Instead I used a package of fancy cupcake liners turned-inside-out, a cardboard box, and a few glue sticks for a project total of $2.80. 

Before

I ran out of cupcake liners on the number "0" and definitely had no time to run to the store so I filled in the spaces with some beautiful paper flowers.  You can find the instructions on how to make these incredibly easy coiled flowers here.

After

Close up



Dear Emily,

We love you so much and could not be more proud of you on your tenth birthday! You have found your light which is half the battle in life now really let it shine.  You are intelligent, creative, forgiving and simply amazing!  Always know that we are here to guide and cheer you on as you find your purpose in this beautiful and challenging world we live in. 

Love Mom & Dad
xoxoxo


Feel free to share your craft projects and photo's on our Facebook Page.  We would love to see them!


No comments:

Post a Comment