Thursday 24 October 2013

Boobie Beanie Crochet Free Pattern

The "Boobie Beanie"...



Nursing babies wear these soft 100% cotton hats to work towards raising awareness for breastfeeding.  They also help keep babies warm and bring huge smiles all around.


After experimenting with several different patterns floating around online I found The Oxford Family instructions to be the closest to what I was looking for.  To give the hat an invisible seam I changed the pattern in round 9 to "slst, ch 1, DC in a continuous rnd through to 14 instead of "join with slst, ch 3" method.  This adaption changed the total stitches to 40.


A kind friend suggested different skin tones. 

Boobie Beanie,com sell these sweet hats in several different colours for under $10.

We were recently blessed with three great nieces so I am crocheting them myself for less then $5 each.  

Feel free to share your crochet project's and head over to our Facebook Page.  We would love to see them!



Cheers!





1 comment:

  1. I went to the link to buy the booby hat but couldn't find it. Is there another site that sells them? My daughter has a two week old son.

    ReplyDelete