It's an Upside Down Gingerbread Candy Cane Reindeer Ornament for the tree. We can add ~To: From: ~ and it's an inexpensive gift tag.
Materials: candy canes, gingerbread glitter foam, googly eyes, red pom-pom, glue, needle and thread, ribbon (optional).
The steps are simple:
1. Draw and cut a gingerbread man shape on glitter foam or cardboard (pre-cut shapes can be purchased from a craft store) and turn upside down.
2. Cut two slits 1/4 of the way down the foam.
3. Slide the candy canes into the slits and add a dab of glue at the back to secure the canes.
4. Glue on googly eyes, nose and a bow or decoration.
5. Thread a loop for hanging on the Christmas tree or as my oldest daughter pointed out -- simply hang from one of the candy cane ears.
We just love the eyelashes on the googly eyes!
Emily is taking a break and enjoying a left over broken candy cane. Mind you it doesn't look broken!?
What are you planning for holiday recipes? Have you started decorating yet? Feel free to share your projects and head on over to our Facebook Page. We would love to see them!